Saturday, August 30, 2008

Soccer Player

Dreyton finally started soccer! He has been waiting since last summer to play, but he wasn't old enough. He was so excited to be out on the field, I don't think he stopped smiling the whole game! After we have had a couple of games though, I am guessing that he is going to like football a little better. Instead of concentrating on kicking the ball, he concentrates on tackling kids to the ground. Not good. Next year he'll be old enough to play football, so I guess we'll have a year of lectures on "You need to kick the ball, not tackle the kids".



Jace wants to do everything his big brother does and was so bummed that he couldn't play soccer and have a soccer uniform. So, before a game I let him wear Dreyton's extra soccer socks, which Jace insisted on wearing with sandels. I still thought he looked cute though. He runs along the sidelines kicking his own ball and cheering for himself.

3 comments:

Susanna said...

That looks like fun! You can officially call yourself a 'Soccer Mom' now! Dreyton looks so grown up in his uniform, I can't wait to see him in football gear when he can finally start tackling everyone!

Susanna said...

I just read your other comment and Saturday is perfect. I am so unorganized, I haven't found out anything about the pork yet, but I'm hopeful it will work out, my mouth is watering too. I can't think of anything that you should bring besides yourselves, can you? I just think it will be fun to get all the boys and Kenny together. I'll try to plan more when I get to Utah and start talking to everyone. I can't really bring anything with me on the plane so I haven't given it much thought yet. Sorry I'm such a procrastinator, but at least now we have the date.

Becky said...

Yay, you finally had time to update! Looks like Dreyton is LOVING soccer...
We're excited to see you guys next week! (Do you want to do pics while your here?)