Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy 60th!

















Happy 60th! We had such a fun weekend! For the past couple of months, me and my brothers and sisters have been planning a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom and dad. My dad's birthday is in April and my mom's in June, so we picked a date that was right in the middle. Anyway, everything finally came together this weekend. We surprised my parents by having them picked up in a hurst (is that how you spell it?) and had it drive them to the church, where we had a room decorated all in black with lots of food and pictures of them. The pictures were of them throughout their life and were so fun to look at. My dad said he had never even seen some of the pictures before (good job on the pictures Mel). Tons of people showed up, even freinds that they hadn't seen for over 30 years! My parents were in complete shock! Then the next day our family rented the rollerskating rink, which was soooo fun. Everyone skated, and I'm sure we all went home with bruises from falls, I did at least anyway, my butt is killing me! We met at my parents house after that where all of us kids had a little tirbute for them. We each thought up a funny story from the past and then brought something that represented it to give to them. There were so many funny stories, like raising chickens in our basement, dressing up as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, mom's ear shattering sneezes, mom crawling out the bathroom window. There were a bunch of others too, I just can't remember them all, but we were laughing so hard. Then after that, we gave my parents a present that we had all pitched in on, we are sending them to go and see Les Mis down at Tuacahn. They seemed excted about it, and I can't wait to hear how it goes. It was such a fun weekend. I think the funniest thing that happened was when my mom and dad had an indian leg wrestle. My mom is unbeatable! All of us kids were able to be there except for Katie, but she came on Sunday to spend time with my parents, so I was excited about that. Well, once again, mom and dad, Happy 6oth birthday!



No comments: