Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tooele Update

Well, life in Tooele has been pretty good to us. I don't really love the town but I sure love our neighborhood and all the great friends we have made!
Dreyton is getting ready to graduate from pre-school. Well.... he still has another year of it, so he'll have another pre-school graduation next year, but it is still sad for me. He misses the kindergarten cut-off by one day, and I am really happy about that. I'm not ready to let him grow up and leave me. He kept telling me he didn't want to go to kindergarten and said he was going to pretend to be sick every day so he didn't have to go, so he was pretty excited to have another year in pre-school, too. I am excited to see him at his graduation though. All the kids are putting on a little program, and they each have a part to say in it, and then they are playing a song on their recorders. It is going to be so funny. I'm not sure about the protocol on inviting people to a pre-school gratuation, so if you are reading this, and want to come, you are more than welcome to! It is on Wednesday at 6:30.
Jace is growing up fast, too. He is at such a fun age! Well, most days anyway. He is at the age where every single day he is surprising us with new words and new tricks. He is also at the age where most of the day is spent saying "I do it!!". He doesn't want help doing anything and thinks he is such a big boy.
The two boys are the best of friends and the worst of enemies. When they fight, it is an all out punching and wrestling match, but when they get along it is wonderful! I love the days that they get along so much that it is hard for me to not follow them around with a camera taking pictures and making myself remember those moments. I love when they can make each other laugh. I don't know if there is anything better than to listen to little kids laughing. I love it!!
Dustin has been keeping himself busy at work. He also is loving playing softball. He is on a pretty good team which makes it even funner for him. Dreyton is the bat boy and is loving it! He thinks he is pretty cool out there high-fiving all the guys when they come in and picking up eveyones equipment. He gets pretty worried about his dad though. Last night after Dustin slid into third base, Dreyton started screaming "Dad! Your leg is bleeding!! Dad! Look at your leg!" I think even the guys in the outfield could hear Dreyton screaming. When Jace saw the blood though, he just said "Awsome!".
As for me and my life, I sure can't think of anything exciting that I have done lately, but I stay busy by playing, teaching, refereeing, cleaning, washing, entertaining, babysitting, cooking, fixing, loving, hugging, yelling, and everything else you can think of.
Well, that is the latest update from Tooele. Not a whole lot going on, but with the luck we have, that is a good thing!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is so cute the Dreyton is having a graduation. You should have him bring his recorder to mom and dad's this weekend so I can hear him play- Savannah told me that Dreyton is her boyfriend and she is soooo excited to see him. She says that Dreyton doesn't want to be her boyfriend though because he thinks thats gross.