Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanks G & G Rowley

I just have to hurry and write a BIG thanks to my in-laws. Dreyton's favorite thing to do is to collect sticks. It can't be just any stick, it has to look special somehow (although to me, they all look the same). Anyway, D had been packing around one of his special sticks for days and even had to take it to Delta with us for Thanksgiving. He even slept with it next to him. Well, surprise, surprise, it somehow got lost (like most of his sticks do) and he was pretty upset about it. We looked everywhere in the house and couldn't find it. I just thought "Oh well, just one more stick that we don't have to keep track of." Well, one week later, Dreyton gets a package in the mail, and what do you know, it is his stick! Grandma and Grandpa found it and instead of throwing it out (which is what I would have done), they wrapped it up and sent it to him. How nice!! Thanks G & G Rowley!! I wish you could have seen the excitement on this kids face when he opened it up. He ran around the house and then outside screaming "My stick! My stick!". Here I am spending money on Christmas, when I all really need to do is just go gather a pile of sticks for him!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

Dreyton is such a funny kid, I love that he sleeps with his stick. Yeah for Grandma and Grandpa to come to the rescue!
Oh and you're right, I'm definitely climatized. At that football game my brother and sister took their jackets off and gave them to the shivering, whiney baby...Me:) It will probably take me a few days to get used to the cold when we come home.

Gentry said...

HAHAHA that is so so funny about your primary incident. I laughed out loud when I read that. I am actually already in Delta for the holidays. I got done with finals on the tenth so I am here. I am actually going to hurricane for a few days and then my friend is getting married in st george and then I am getting my wisdom teeth out on the 19th so I am not excited for that but after that I will be in Delta just hangin out. When are you guys going to be in town during the holiday season???