Sunday, October 5, 2008

Craft Time

I love having one-on-one time with my boys. When Drey is at school, then me and Jace always go out and do something special that is just for me and him. And when J is asleep, then me and D do sonething that is just special for him. Lately he has been saving every toilet paper roll in the house. He has all these ideas of what he wants to make with them, a laser gun that shoots real lasers, goggles that help you see behind you, a rocket blaster, and a bunch of other stuff. One of the things that he wanted to make was binoculars. Dustin promised to buy him his own pair of binoculars for the next time they went hunting, but since Dust didn't go this year then Dreyton was soooo disappointed that he wasn't getting them, so we decided to make him his own. I need to add that he sometimes save Tampon boxes too, thinking that they will make something cool. (He thinks that tamons are used for Dustin's bloody noses). Aaaaaanyway.....here are a couple of pictures of our work in progress and the final result of the binoculars. Dreyton loves them.





3 comments:

Susanna said...

Those are so cool! The plus side is that those pictures will be even funnier when D is older. Peering through a tampon box... How much better blackmail can you have for the teenage years? Dreyton is such a boy with this laser guns, x-ray vision etc. How fun!

Talia said...

Robyn you are such a fun mom! That is a way cute idea. those boys are lucky to have such a good mom. p.s I always get excited to use coupons too. I never have any that i'll actually use but my sister in law gives me ones for diapers all the time and I feel like im getting such a good deal even if its only like a dollar off.

lklarsen said...

So I think it is great how you do your special time with each of them. I am working on trying to do the same thing so any great ideas like this one, pass them along my way. Logan and I like to do "preschool" time together which is fun but I am running low on ideas. I can't really do a lot with annika yet but I am looking forward to doing fun fun girly stuff togeter. I also love all your backgrounds, which website are you using for that?